- Serving as musical role models and encouraing the study of unknown composers
- Encouraging the study and exploration of all aspects of American music
- Programs that support school curriculums while expanding on aspects of the culture and lives of unknown or underexplored composers
- Working to build audiences for the future.
- Supporting and encouraging the work of artists
Some Past Projects:
- Worked with Mallarmé chamber ensemble to present a residency to Asheville school students on Langston Hughes
- Partnered with Pitt and Wake county schools, Suzuki Association, Music Teacher’s Association, teachers, East Carolina University School of Music and First Presbyterian Church to present a week long residency of the Coleridge Taylor String Quartet from Boston, MA.
- Introduced Middle School students in Raleigh to the vocal and organ music of African American composers and classical music.
COLERIDGE TAYLOR STRING QUARTET Chamber Music Review by Marvin J. Ward,
February 10, 2002: http://cvnc.org/article.cfm?articleId=4737
By Marvin J. Ward
February 10, 2002 - Raleigh, NC